It’s here! It’s here!
Instead of writing a bunch of very sales-y language like “with over 100 mouth-watering recipes!” and “get your copy while they last!” (which I’ll probably end up doing at some point), I thought it would be way more fun to tell you my 10 most favorite things about the One Part Plant cookbook. Because I’m really excited for you to see it.
1. The Photos. Nicole Franzen shot the book. Vivian Lui styled the food. Joni Noe did the prop styling. I stood in the background being picky and pointing at what I did and didn’t like (I’m very skilled at this). It actually worked out awesomely. Working with these women was seriously one of the most fun experiences of my entire life and the photos look SO GOOD.
2. The Food. Obvs. It’s a cookbook. But I’m really excited about the recipes. You know how I approached each one? If I didn’t feel like testing it more than twice, it didn’t make the cut. And I made sure they were all simple, easy, and wouldn’t melt your brain when you saw the instructions. For you and me.
3. The Movement. One Part Plant isn’t just a cookbook. It’s a movement. One that so many have joined already. I want you to feel empowered to be part of the movement, too. And don’t worry, it’s not some weird, hard-to-get-into club. To join, you just need to start eating one plant-based meal a day. Just one. If that sounds hard to you right now, I get it. I was there as well. But this book is going to help you achieve it. I know it.
4. The Chefs. I really wanted some big-time chefs to contribute. Ones that you might not expect to see in a plant-based book. So I got six meat-and-dairy-loving chefs to make their versions of a One Part Plant dish – chefs that include Ruth Reichl, Julia Turshen, and Daniel Holzman from The Meatball Shop (yes, The Meatball Shop!). Pretty pumped about them being in the book.
5. The Colors And Patterns. Ok, maybe this falls under photos. But I don’t care. I have to mention the colors and patterns. There’s so many and they’re gonna make you happy to look at them.
6. The Family Affair. My agent, Sarah, said it was mandatory for my lil’ Sid to be in the book. This wasn’t in a contract and not requested by my publisher. But Sarah loves Sid. And so do I. So he makes a few appearances.
7. The Endometriosis Section. This isn’t an endometriosis book, but it was so important to me to at least dedicate a couple pages to the disease that brought me here in the first place. 1 in 10 women suffer from endo, but so many women have never been diagnosed or think their symptoms are just the norm. Education is the key to helping women avoid suffering anymore because of this disease. So proud my publisher and editor let me include this section.
8. The Foreword. Lena Dunham wrote the foreword to the book. And man, it’s really good. She’s such an incredible writer, and I feel incredibly honored she’s helping me rep OPP.
9. The Team. I had so many people help with this book. SO MANY. An incredible editor, recipes testers, the photo team, and the really supportive fellow authors that helped me through the process. When you work alone all day like I usually do, you can start to get weird. But these people, my team – that is why this book is so awesome. They’ve touched every single page. Their names might not be on it, but they’re there.
10. The Pre-order Surprises. I’ve got some fun ones lined up! I’m teaming up with some pretty cool brands and even made some OPP products. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be offering up little surprises along the way for pre-orders of the book. All you have to do is send me a screengrab of your order to hola (at) onepartplant.com and you’ll be entered to win. Don’t wait until I reveal the prizes to send proof of order, they’ll go fast. So send it over as soon as you order the book. Oh, and there will be some prizes that are exclusive to newsletter subscribers, so sign up if you want in on those, too.
I have 100 other reasons why I love this book, but these are a good place to start.
And I cannot even believe the time has come…pre-orders for the book START TODAY!
You can pre-order the book on Barnes + Noble, Books-A-Million, IndieBound, and Amazon.
Don’t forget to send me your proof of purchase to hola (at) onepartplant.com to be entered to win pre-order surprises.
Can’t wait for you to get your hands on a copy!
Thanks so much for supporting me to get to this day.