WE FINALLY MADE IT TO CHARLESTON. I’m so glad to be here. The sun is shining. The palm trees are blowing in the wind. We’re unpacking boxes. And I finally have my kitchen gear and supplies again!
I did my best to keep up with the plant-eating along the way here…in the hotels, at my in-laws, and in the weird cottage on the beach (it was like a room that Bob from Twin Peaks would hang out in). But not having my own kitchen (or at times, a kitchen at all) and my wellness necessities (hello, Vitamin D) made me feel a little off my game. Not as peppy. Not as glowy. And feeling just a little gross.
Now that I have my own kitchen again, all I want to do is eat mounds of fruits and veggies. Blend them. Roast them. Sauté them. And eat them raw in salads. SALADS. I missed my big salads. And now that I can make them again, I’ve rounded up some of the best ones from around the web that I can’t wait to make. Please share your favorites with me too!
1. The Everyday Superfood Salad from The First Mess
2. Kale Citrus Salad from Minimalist Baker
3. Granny Smith, Beet + Arugula Salad from YumUniverse
4. Pomegranate, Quinoa, and Kale Salad from Mariano’s for OPP
5. Superfood Crunch Salad With Balsamic Apple Vinaigrette from Oh She Glows
6. Fattoush Salad With Za’atar from My New Roots
7. Shaved Rainbow Carrot Salad from The Forest Feast
8. Kimchi Kale Salad from Sweet Potato Soul
Also, if you’re feeling like you’d just rather watch a marathon of Shark Tank than chop and shave a whole bunch of vegetables…check out my 8 Favorite Salad Dressings and just toss them with a bag of romaine and whatever random veggies you have in the fridge.