If this is your first time here, welcome! And if you’re used to going to onepartplant.com and you’re thinking “what the helllll?” – let me explain.
In 2013, when I first started One Part Plant, it was all about the good food that changed my life. But as the site grew and new opportunities started coming my way, I realized it wasn’t just about food. I realized food was only one part of the story. I wanted to start to create and share more content about all the other parts that helped me become a healthier and happier person. It didn’t seem to all fit neatly under the One Part Plant umbrella…so I changed umbrellas.
This is the new umbrella!
Let me tell you about some of the new cool stuff:
1. There’s a recipe index, which means it’s way easier to find recipes now. And a lot of you asked to be able to print recipes…well, now you can!
2. A new Work With Me section. My programs are a little different and a little more awesome. Now there are 4 program spots available for each month. Check it out and schedule yours for the new year.
3. The Posse page! I asked a bunch of inspiring people in my life about the part of themselves that they most wanted to work on. And I got some pretty good answers. I’ll be adding new posse members every month, so check back.
5. One of the most important changes for me is the new Endometriosis & Diet section. One of the reasons I started OPP was to help other women with endo. I wanted them to have a site that included lots of recipes that might be able to help manage their pain like I did mine. This new section gives information about symptoms, treatment options, and details my own journey with endo. Give it a read whether you have it or not. Who knows, you might be able to help someone else who does.
5. AND…the new look. It’s different. Really different. But it just feels more me. That header image (shot by my girl Eva Deitch) features my mantle at home, and my new about section isn’t so stiff (the old one bothered a little). It’s not that I didn’t love the old site, it just felt a little too precious. And if you’ve ever heard the podcast…you know that I’m not so precious.
Ok, so those are some of my new favorite things! I hope you dig the new look and please let me know if something’s not working properly or you can’t find what you want.
One last note…
There’s no possible way I could have done this without the help of Eva Deitch (for creating the header image), Alex Manosalvas (for the type work on it), and my man Dan for editing. And last but for sure not least…one of the greatest people in the world, Kevin Heineman, for developing, coding, and all the web-dude stuff. He was so patient, kind, and cool. He’s the best.