Fire Roasted Tomato & Coconut Veggie Noodles
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon miso (optional)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- 8 oz (half of a 16 oz package) of brown rice noodles. I like the Tinkyada brand.
- 1 small onion
- 5-10 cups veggies of your choice – kale, broccoli, peas, bok choy, red pepper, carrots, corn, spinach, watercress, mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Place all your sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set the sauce aside. In medium pot, boil some water and start cooking your noodles as specified on the package. While your noodles are cooking, heat a large pan to medium heat and pour vegetable broth in. When you pan is warm, saute your onion for a few minutes, then throw in the rest of your veggies and cook until bright and almost soft. When your noodles are finished, drain them and pour into your veggies. Cover the veggies and noodles with your sauce and heat on low to soften veggies a little more and coat your noodles. Serve hot, but it’s also awesome cold the next day.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/