Almond Butter Blueberry Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or teff flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, mix the almond butter and maple syrup. Pour flour mixture into your almond butter mixture. Stir until combined. Gently fold blueberries into the mix, trying your best not to squish them. Scoop spoonfuls of batter onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. They should still be a little soft when removed from the oven.
- I like Bob’s Redmill flours, which you can find at most bigger grocery stores and at Whole Foods. If you have a hard time tracking it down, Vitacost has a great selection of flours. Including the ones for this recipe: Vitacost Flours.
- If you don’t have time to let your blueberries defrost on their own, just place the amount you need in a colander under hot water until they’re thawed out. Make sure to shake out all the extra water before placing in your batter.
- This is a great basic cookie recipe to have fun with – experiment with fruits, nuts, and chocolate to make this recipe your own.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/