Almond Butter Curry Sauce with Veggies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Juice of small lime (or 1/2 of a large one)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon veggie broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 bunch of kale (or veggies of your choice), chopped
- Start steaming your veggies and making your quinoa, rice, or noodles while you make your sauce.
- For the sauce, put all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend. Pour your sauce into a small sauce pan on low heat to warm the sauce (not too long, so it doesn’t over-thicken). Add a little water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Top your quinoa or rice with your steamed veggies and pour on the sauce. Enjoy!
- The second time I made this, I actually tossed my sauce into the steamed veggies and coated them. I actually might have liked it better. Not as pretty looking, but just as tasty.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/