Almond Graham Sandwich Cookies With Concord Grape Jam
For The Cookies
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter (I used crunchy)
- 2 tablespoon of flax meal mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For The Grape Jam
- 3 cups concord grapes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons chia
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together flax meal and water. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes while you make the rest of your cookies.
- Mix together your brown rice flour, almond meal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla, almond butter, and thickened flax meal. Pour your wet ingredients into your flour mixture and fold everything together.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, scoop batter onto the sheet. Do your best to make them the same size, because they’ll eventually be sandwiched together. Bake for 12-14 minutes until slightly brown on top. Let cool. Scoop your filling and spread it on the bottom of a cookie. Take another cookie and press them together. Enjoy!
For The Jam
- Separate the grape skin and pulp by gently squeezing them until the pulp pops out. Place the skins in a medium-sized bowl and the pulp in a medium sauce pan. Cook the pulp on low to medium heat for about ten minutes until it liquifies (the seeds should be separated at this point).
- Pour the heated mixture onto the skins and with the back of a spoon press any remaining pulp into the skins. Separate the seeds with a sieve or by hand. Place mixture back into the saucepan and add maple syrup. Cook down for about 10 minutes at medium heat.
- Pour into a small bowl or jar and add chia. Mix throughly until chia is combined. Let thicken in the fridge for a couple of hours before using to top cookies.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/