Chocolate Crispy Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup natural almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder, depending how “chocolatey” you want them
- 2 cups rice crispies (I used brown rice crispies)
- Pinch of salt
- Favorite dairy-free ice cream (I used cashew ice cream)
- Over medium heat, combine nut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt. After completely combined, remove from heat and stir in your crispies.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the cookie batter and press firmly into paper cupcake liners. Freeze for an hour. Remove from freezer. Scoop ice cream on one side of the cookie and sandwich together with another.
- Keep in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/