Oatmeal Ginger Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal, 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh grated ginger (more if you love it)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make your flax egg and put in fridge to thicken.
- Combine flours, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl. Combine maple syrup, ginger, vanilla, and flax egg in a small bowl. Pour maple syrup mixture into dry ingredients and stir. Stir in coconut oil until combined. Fold in raisins.
- Use a tablespoon to drop dough onto parchment paper. Try your best to make them the same size scoops because they will be sandwiched together. Bake for 8 minutes or until browned on top. Let cool. Dive in!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/