Peach & Berry Cobbler
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1 pint of blackberries, cut in halves
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together flax meal and water. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes while you make your fruit filling.
- Prepare the fruit filling by combing maple syrup, sliced peaches, and blackberries in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- For crust, mix together the brown rice flour, almond meal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla. Pour your wet ingredients into your flour mixture, add the thickened flax meal, and fold everything together. The batter should be slightly thick and not too runny.
- Fill a greased pan (I like to use coconut oil) with half of your fruit mixture. Using half of your batter, scoop tablespoons of batter on top of the fruit. Leave them in their scooped form and don’t spread the mixture. Layer the remaining fruit on top and then the rest of your batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on how crisp you want the top. Let cool. Serve with coconut whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.
- You can swap out the blackberries for strawberries or blueberries or add all three.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/