Pomegranate, Kale & Quinoa Salad
For the salad
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 cups chopped baby kale
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons walnut or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- Prep the salad ingredients (chop, rinse, toast, etc). Chill the ingredients in the fridge while you’re making the dressing if you want a cold salad.
- Combine shallot, walnut oil, water, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, and orange juice in a food processor; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the salad ingredients together with the dressing just before serving. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/