Roasted Grapefruit With Blueberries + Ice Cream
- 1 grapefruit, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, divided (use 1 teaspoon for each grapefruit half)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided (use 1/2 teaspoon for each grapefruit half)
- Your favorite dairy-free ice cream (I went with coconut)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a small knife, cut around the grapefruit and cut into each segment to make easier to eat after roasting.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over each side of the grapefruit. Sprinkle on the cinnamon. Gently rub the maple syrup and cinnamon on top of the grapefruit.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the maple syrup begins to caramelize and the grapefruit reaches the desired softness. Let cool for 10 minutes or until ice cream won’t completely melt when you put it on.
- Top each grapefruit with ice cream and blueberries.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/