Rosemary & Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond or rice milk
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil (or 2 tablespoons of water will work here if you are oil-free)
- Vegetable broth to coat pan
- Begin to boil some water in a large pot. Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into large cubes. Throw the sweet potatoes in the pot and boil until soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, take kale and chop into pieces. Cover the bottom of a pan with vegetable broth and cook the kale. Remove when bright green and softened. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the potatoes and water. Set aside. In the same pot, use your oil or water and toast the garlic cloves and rosemary for about 8-10 minutes or until the garlic is lightly browned and soft.
- Put your potatoes back into the pot with the mixture. Lightly toss the garlic and rosemary with the potatoes to coat them. Use a hand mixer or large fork and mash potatoes with 2/3 cup unsweetened almond (or rice milk).
- Take your steamed/cooked kale and stir it into the pot. Fini!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/