Shaved Brussels Sprout & Green Apple Salad
FOR THE SALAD
- 3lbs (2 bags) Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 3 green apples (unpeeled), shaved
- 1/2 large red onion, shaved
- 3 carrots, shaved
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest
- Juice of 1 lime + zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- With a mandolin, thinly shave all salad ingredients and place in a very large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss together. Fini!
- If you don’t have a mandolin (or are scared of them) you can use a food processor with the slicing blade or cut thinly yourself. This salad taste best with the veggies paper thin, so do your best! Or get someone with good knife skills to help you.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/