Easy Pesto Veggie Bowl
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Veggies of your choice and rice
- Throw everything in the blender and whiz away until smooth. Depending on the speed of your blender, this could take a few minutes. Add more broth to achieve desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour over your veggies and rice!
- This will make enough sauce for a few bowls. I love to take some of the extra and toss it with brown-rice fettucini and fresh tomatoes.
- For the roasted cauliflower, I added a few dashes of cajun seasoning and cayenne powder for an extra kick.
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/