Soba Slaw With Thai Almond Butter Sauce
For the salad
- 1 package buckwheat soba noodles
- 2-3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-2 cups grated carrots
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tamari or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 2 teaspoons red Thai chili paste
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 fresh scallions, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp unsalted roasted peanuts (optional)
- ½ cup steamed edamame (optional)
- ook the soba noodles (about 7-10 minutes) in boiling water.
- While the noodles are boiling, make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Drain and rinse the noodles. Transfer noodles to a mixing bowl. Mix in shredded cabbage and grated carrots. Gently mix sauce into noodles and vegetables. Sprinkle with scallions, steamed edamame, and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/