Spicy Chickpea Spread
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Dash of cinnamon
- Vegetable broth (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt to taste
- In a large pan, saute onions with a little veggie broth until soft. Add garlic and chili flakes and cook for a few more minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, paprika, chili powder and cumin. Pour in enough vegetable broth to cover the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the broth evaporates.
- Pour mixture into a food processor or blender and add tahini and cinnamon, and blend until smooth. Add veggie broth to get desired consistency. Salt to taste. Spread on sprouted or gluten-free bread and make veggies sandwiches – or use as a dip!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/