Stuffed Banana Pecan Oatmeal Squares
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 banana, diced small
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice + more for spreading
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper.
- Blend/process 1 cup of the oats until a flour forms.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oat flour, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt). In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (almond milk, maple syrup, banana, nut butter, vanilla extract). Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into the lined pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and let cool on a rack before slicing.
- Once cooled, cut into 9 uniform squares. When you’re ready to eat, slice the square down the middle with a serrated knife and spread with your choice of nut butter (I prefer almond or peanut) and fruit (strawberries and apples are great). Enjoy!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/