Thai Vegetable Wraps With Almond Sauce Recipe
- THE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/3 cup water
- THE REST
- 4 Large romaine leaves
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 scallions
- 6 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- To make almond sauce, puree the almond butter, ginger, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, tamari, cayenne, and water in a blender until the mixture is creamy. Add more water if the mixture is too thick. Set aside.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and set them aside to drain. In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, scallions, peas, and cucumber. Spoon about one quarter of the vegetable mixture into each lettuce leaf, roll up the leaves, and set the wraps into a serving platter.
- Drizzle each wrap with 1 tablespoon of almond sauce. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Use the peels from your cucumbers to tie the wraps together. It makes them prettier and much easier to eat!
- I wanted a thicker sauce, so used about a 1/3 cup of water. I would start with this and then add more as you go.
- In the original recipe, Dr. Junger recommends topping with nori. I skipped this step because I'm not a nori lover. But if you love it, go for it!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/