Zucchini-Bread Cookies With Pecans And Chocolate
- 2 cups almond meal flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal, 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 cup zucchini, grated or shredded
- 3/4 cup pecans, sorta chopped
- Handful of dairy-free chocolate chunks or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make your flax egg and put in fridge to thicken.
- Combine flours, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Combine maple syrup, vanilla, and flax egg in a small bowl. Pour maple syrup mixture into dry ingredients and stir. Stir in coconut oil until combined. Fold in zucchini and pecans.
- Use a tablespoon to drop dough onto parchment paper. Drop a piece of chocolate (or more) on the top of each cookie. Bake for 8 minutes or until browned on top. Fini!
Jessica Murnane http://www.jessicamurnane.com/