Lately I’ve been getting a lot of questions from clients and Twitter friends about healthy salad dressings they can make at home…and I sorta suck at answering them. I don’t really make a lot of salad dressing. When I do, I’ll throw some tahini in a bowl with some lemon juice and some salt and pepper and call it a day. It’s not because I’m trying to be all low-fat Linda, I’ve just never really liked dressing.
I remember when I was younger, I used to gag watching my sister pour half the Hidden Valley Ranch bottle over her salads. I, on the other hand, ate mine with a little splash of whatever was most Italian-dressing like. And even now, as an adult, my husband likes to compare my salads to the desert…they’re really f’n dry.
But I also know how dressings can turn some aggressively rough kale into one of the most delicious dinners of the week. And I also know that when you’re changing your diet (or just want to eat healthy), that you need something to replace that Hidden Valley. So I rounded up some of my favorite dressings around the web. Ones that are creamy, dreamy, and will make your salad a stunner.
1. Chopped Kale Salad With Nectarines + Zesty Lime Vinaigrette from With Food + Love
2. Roasted Noursish Bowl With Lemon Tahini Dressing from A Couple Cooks
3. Veggie Caesar Salad from Me
4. Garlicky Kale Salad With Crispy Chickpeas from Minimalist Baker
5. Everyday Avocado Dressing from Faring Well
6. Cucumber, Radish, And Sweet Pea Salad With Simple Strawberry Dressing from Yum Universe
7. Toasted Quinoa Salad With Jalapeño Lime Dressing from Oh, Ladycakes
8. Cauliflower Couscous With Cherries And Sumac Lemon Vinaigrette from Dolly And Oatmeal
Images above from With Food + Love, Minimalist Baker, A Couple Cooks, and Dolly And Oatmeal.